Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land amongst the stars!!

Tuesday 7 June 2011

My dad

I've made many posts complaining about my mum on my blog, yet I haven't spoken of my dad very often. This seems very wrong as I couldn't ask for a better dad. Honestly he really is a saint. Anyone that knows my family would agree. He has put up with so much and yet he is still there, still putting up with everything and rarely complaining about any of it. I have no idea how he does it, he is a better person than me.

When I as growing up, me and my dad didn't really know each other, not properly. We never sat and spoke or anything like that. I think that was largely my doing. See I would often lie to him about my mums drinking-I thought I had to, to keep the family together I guess. So I think part of me stopped myself getting close to my dad otherwise I'd probably feel guilty for lying to him all the time.

I started to become closer to my dad when we moved to Spain. As my eyes opened to what my mum was doing, I guess I allowed myself to become closer as I had stopped lying to him all the time. Yet due to the atmosphere in the house, what with my mum being the way she was, I ended up rarely staying at home. So We never forged that much of a relationship. We were better than we had ever been but I don't think I felt close to my dad or really appreciated him that much.

When he moved back from Spain I think I saw him as the man he is for the first time in my life. He does everything in that house, honestly, cooks, cleans, pays the bills and basically keeps the house running. I practically had to battle him to allow me to do the washing up. Although after a while I did stop trying because he would say "there is big stuff". It didn't matter that I was 23 and quite capable of washing up the "big stuff" lol. Yet bless him hen I stopped offering he'd moan that I hadn't done the washing up lmao.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that my dad will be there for me completely whenever I need him and I do feel, just like many others do, he is a bloody saint. I feel so lucky to have him as my dad and I will always love him. Even when he don't allow me to do the washing up because of the "big stuff" :P

No comments:

Post a Comment