Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land amongst the stars!!

Thursday 23 June 2011

I love to cook


So just recently I have been cooking up meals every now an again an y'know what? I love it! I stopped cooking up anything for a while. Couldn't be bothered to actually cook an entire pie or lasagne because I'd eat a little and then forget to freeze the rest and it'd be wasted. So I kinda gave up.

However the other Sunday when I went to see my dad, I cooked up a roast dinner. Which are surprisingly easy to cook! Okay the prep work isn't so easy but once that is done, you're pretty much there! I took a good few hours to cook but I didn't get annoyed or bored because I was enjoying cooking it.
My cooked up roast inner (apart from Yorkshires, mine went wrong so those where frozen earlier lol):


I also cooked up a pie the other night too. It weren't perfect but it weren't far off either. I didn't thicken the gravy on the inside enough so that part didn't turn out too great but you have gravy with the meal anyway so that weren't the end of the world! I also didn't have any scales so had to guess the measurements for the pastry. I knew it was two parts flour one part butter (Well after I rang my house mate and got her to check the recipe my dad had written down for me! lol) but without scales that was a pure guess. Y'know what though? The pastry turned out better than it ever ha before! So from now on, I shall always do the pastry by guesstimate rather than actually measuring it out.

Y'know what now? I am going to keep cooking. I will cook a bunch of meals up every time I have a spare time and then freeze them. Home made ready made meals are by far much better than shop bought ready made meals and they are also much much much healthier!! lol








1 comment:

  1. I've always used "feeling" when making pastry and it generally turns out fine. I've actually no idea about what kind of measurements to use. Same with my pizza dough. My girls have asked for the recipe but I can't write it down because I haven't a clue how much of what I use. I just do it.

    As for gravy with the pie, when I make the filling I make it with more gravy than needed and then use the left-over as gravy to add to the meal.

    Keep it up. It gets easier the more you do it :)

    ReplyDelete