Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land amongst the stars!!

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Creative grooming-not so creative in my eyes!

I was looking at some video's of poodles being groomed because from what I have heard all this creative grooming is horrible for them and I must say, I would tend to agree. There are poodles made to look like entirely different animals. They have to sit there for 2 hours while their coat is turned into something different.

Hair spray is used right by their eyes and from some of the video's I ave seen very little attempt, if any, is made to cover the poodles eyes. Now let me ask you, would you spray hairspray on yourself or someone else without shielding your eyes? No! Because it hurts if it goes in your eyes!

Since when did animals become an object we can play with, and it be accepted as normal practise, with absolutely no concern for the animal that is going through it? Poodles especially suffer at the hands of this. I read one comment where a person said "Poodles often get groomed so to say it is cruel is ridiculous". Well no, I do not think it is ridiculous! For some of these, the poodles hair must have to be sooo thick and long to begin with, that right there I have an issue. I mean they are supposed to have their hair clipped so it does not give them a worse quality of life, yet here owners that profess to "Love their poodles" are making them suffer.

These are not our toys. These are not things we can do what we like to. They are animals, who want to live like animals! They don't want to sit there for hours on end, getting hair spray in their eyes and being groomed to "look the part". This is wrong and something needs to be done.

Dogs deserve so much better than we currently give them. I mean c'mon, why are we making them suffer like this and why the hell is it so acceptable to do so? Would it be so acceptable to do this if the end result was not cute? I highly doubt it. We don't allow people to neglect dogs and we don't allow people to physically harm dogs, so why the hell are we allowing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment