Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land amongst the stars!!

Friday 24 February 2012

Journal Jar 65: Tell Me About Your First Pet

I’ve been struggling to come up with blog posts so decided to give this whole journal jar thing a go.

My first pet. To be honest, I’m not really sure how to interpret which is my first pet - the one I first lived with or the one I first owned myself? I’ll just tell you about both.

First there was Buster. She was there before I was born and I loved her to pieces. She was tortoise shell with a white underbelly. I guess I better mention, she was also a cat. LOL. I just kind of assume everyone will know I am talking about a cat, but obviously they won‘t! Silly me!

My parents rescued Buster from a cat re-homing centre when she was just a kitten, although originally she’d been found in a bag on a bus! Hence the name ‘Buster‘. I will never understand how anyone could abandon anything so cute, but I suppose we don't know the reasons behind it. To be honest I don’t remember much about Buster as she passed away when I was in secondary school. We did have a kitten named Monty, but he ran away after buster died. Again don't really remember much about him.

We then got Heartly and Gizmo. Those two came from the cat’s protection league. Massive cats, they were! I remember whenever I was away and had spent time with normal size cats, I’d come home and suddenly my cats seemed HUGE. Gizmo was more of my brother’s cat, whereas Heartly, when he was in, he was my cat. He used to sleep in my room and follow me about. Then he he got a really deep cut on his leg so, because he had a cone around his head, he had to stay in. That’s when he really became my cat. He’d sleep on my window-seal where I’d make a little pillow type thing under his chin so as he’d be comfortable, and I was the only one he would allow to give him his medication. After that he became an indoor cat, bless his heart.

Then there was Daisy and girl, which were the first pets I owned myself. They were lovely cats. Actually I’ve written about them before, so won't go into too much detail but I will say they both saved me from some incredible loneliness and gave me a purpose. They made me feel loved when I felt like no one did. Honestly, I would have been lost without those two. They really did save me!

Oh my god, I almost forgot about my hamsters, Winger and Snowey. Winger, because he was white and ginger, and snowy because he was white. What an imagination back then! lol. Anyway I remember getting Snowy because my brother had gone away on holiday with his school and my mum and dad felt I deserved a treat too and, let’s face it, I was hardly going to deny them the pleasure of treating me was I? lol.

To be honest at the moment I don't have any pets and I do feel lost. I’m planning on getting a cat,-hopefully a Ragdoll, from a Ragdoll rescue centre, but that won’t be until I have my own place again. I’d actually quite like a dog, too, but time will tell. Plans change. I could end up with a parrot. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment